Orange Glucose Tabs

For some reason when it comes to Orange Glucose Tabs - I'm just not that into them. Nope, I�m more of a Cherry, Mixed Berries or Tropical Fruit glucose tab, kind of gal. 
FTR, I�ve never actually tried Grape or Green Apple flavored glucose tabs, but I think I could deal with the Green Apple. 
With that being said, I have two opened bottles of Orange Glucose Tabs (one in my car and one on my nightstand,)  and I'm not about to waste them. 
The other day before I left the the parking garage, I did what I always do before driving, and checked my blood sugar. I was 93  - with 1.10 units of active insulin. 
So I did what I had to do and ate 4 glucose tabs immediately, washed them down with 1/2 a 20 ounce sports bottle filled with water, thought happy thoughts and stuck the key in my ignition. 
An hour and a half later I pulled into my driveway with a blood sugar of 140 - and all was right in my world.
In the past, I�ve treated my lows with things that I have truly detested, because that�s all I had on hand. I�ve treated with spoonfuls of both pure molasses and rice syrup - fine for cooking, gross IMO, for eating raw. 
I�ve forced disgusting jelly filled cardboard cookies down my throat,  because at the time I was dropping fast and they were right in front of me at the dessert table. 
And once back in college when my friend and I visited her grandmother, I treated a low blood sugar with prune juice, because that�s the only juice that was in the fridge at the time. 
That was.... interesting. 


In the grand scheme of things, Orange Glucose Tabs are not a problem or a deal breaker. They are a solution to a potential low blood sugar or treating an actual low blood sugar - and I am a lucky duck, indeed. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Health Care Without Harm